Saturday is for Shopping

Just before Christmas Tom took me to Artbase for a few supplies which resulted in me filling my loyalty card which I decided not to spend at the time and to save for the New Year. As some of you may know I am not so good at holding on to things like that and for the last couple of weeks it has been burning a great big hole in my pocket so I decided that the time had come to go and spend it!!

As Tom was working I made plans to take myself to Artbase via public transport and in the midst of my googling train times etc I remembered that I had heard of another shop in the same area so I set about investigating the possibility of going to both. A few searches later I found the website for Imagine That Papercrafts in Upminster and worked out a route that would allow me to go to both!! Yay two scrapping shops in one day - what more could a girl ask for.

I ended up taking my friend Cath with me as she is a newbie to scrapping and was keen to add to her stash supplies. We went to Imagine That first and were wowed by the light, bright and airy shop (a return visit is already planned!!). There was so much stash to choose from, loads of papers, cardstock and embellishments plus the walls and shelves were adorned with samples to inspire you. We spent quite a while there before heading for the bus to take us to Artbase where again we obsessed over all the lovely papers and other scrapping supplies. I managed to spend my loyalty card with no problem (no surprise there then!) and am now nicely stocked up all on things stash although if you gave me the chance to go again today I would jump at it!!

So what did I buy??? Well it was mostly paper as I am a bit of a paper junkie but I got quite a bit of stuff I had not seen before including some of the new Basic Grey Origins. I also got cardstock, herma, embellishments to match the paper, a couple of pokey tools and some inkpads. I have attached a couple of photos to show you exactly what I bought, hopefully it wont be too long before I can show you some pics of what I have created with it.



3