Sunday, 10 April 2011

Summer is on the way.......

What a wonderful weekend we have had weather wise, how nice has it been to have all the windows open, to ditch the coats and to just enjoy being outside in the sun! Looks like Summer is on thy way, just what we need after the long Winter we have had.

We have had a nice couple of days. After work on Friday we headed over to Bermondsey Square for a couple of drinks in Alfies bar, it was a lovely sunny evening so we sat outside and watched everyone coming and going. It was a great way to start the weekend!

Much of Saturday was spent pottering about doing odds and ends although Tom did go to football to watch Millwall v Leeds (which resulted in a win for the Lions!!) and I sat outside with Daisy for an hour or so. We went to a 50th wedding anniversary party in the evening, the party was for Ruth and Alf who are the parents of an old school friend of mine. It was nice to see so many people from the 'old days' and it was especially nice to be able to share in such a special celebration. Fifty years is certainly an acheivement in this day and age.

Today has been a lovely lazy Sunday, just the kind of day you need when the sun is shining. For most of the day we just sat outside on the grass while Daisy has run about and played. Her doggy pal Barney even came over to play, while his 'mummy' Cath and I sat and looked though the Stamping Up catalogue and planned a little order.

I did manage one layout today but I need to photograph it before I can share it with you. I have attached a couple of pics though, these are of the layouts I did last weekend, both of which are of Hayley. It has taken me quite a while to get my head around scrapping these pics but I am very pleased with the outcome and I hope that if Hayley can see them she likes them.

On the 'Hayley' layout there is hidden journalling behind the picture and the pocket holds a couple of newspaper clippings about the accident as well as the tribute card from her funeral. The papers and matching embellishments have been in my stash for ages and I think they were either My Minds Eye or Fancy Pants, the title was done with Thickers and the pearl and gem swirl was done using my Bazzil temmplates.



For the Beautiful Angel layout I again used papers that had been in my stash for ages, the lace and metal corners are from Wild Orchid Crafts, not sure where the crocheted flowers are from (again have been in stash for ages)and the title was done with Thickers. Finally the stunning picture of Hayley was taken by the very talented Julesmichelle. Thanks hun for this most beautiful and lasting memory of our beautiful girl.



As always thanks for looking,

Love and hugs, Jane x x

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful lo of a beautiful girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Lo's Jane, a lovely keepsake xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Layouts Jane. Made me cry, however I am sure Hayley would love them..who wouldn't love being the focal point of such lovely pages? Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still feel so sad for you and your family when I see this beautiful young woman. My love and thoughts are with you all. You've done her a great, great justice with your layouts.

    Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful layouts, as befits a beautiful girl. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful LO's of a beautiful girl - love to you and Hayley's family x x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jane,
    can't find an email address to answer to your "help call" on the Craft Barn blog. Do you want to email me (isabelle@thecraftbarn.com) so that I can help you?
    Talk soon
    Isabelle

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment.