Sunday, 4 March 2012

Alterations

Afternoon all...

Sorry for not blogging for a couple of weeks, hope you like what I have to share with you today.

One of my challenges to myself this year was 'try something different' so with that in mind I recently bought myself some distress crackle paints. I had found this http://denasstampingcorner.blogspot.com/2011/12/embellished-frame-gift.html a few weeks ago and with it as my inspiration I set about creating my own altered picture frame. Below is the result....





I started with a cheapo wood effect frame that I picked up in the local home store and covered it with a layer of pink Paper Artsy chalk effect paint which was followed by a coart of Paper Artsy Crackle glaze. After leaving that to dry I then added a coat of white Paper Artsy chalk effect paint. Finally I sealed it with a coat of Ranger Crackle Accents before adding some flowers (from Wild Orchid Crafts) and a couple of gem& pearl swirls.

I am really pleased with the way its turned out, am now planning to make a couple more of these as birthday gift.

Thanks for looking, Jane x

4 comments:

  1. beautiful frame Jane. Really impressed xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your frame looks fantastic Jane, love the flower corners you have added too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it's absoutly gorgeous Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really is gorgeous - and that's from someone who doesn't really do girly, pretty things!! Well done you xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment.