Altered House

Evening...

As promised I am back to share some pictures with you of the little wooden house I have been playing with this weekend. It started life as a plain wooden object, until I got my grubb, sticky little mitts on it!!

Firstly I painted it with a layer of Paperartsy Chalk finish paint in Irish Cream, once that had dried I applied a coat of Paperartsy Crackle Glaze and after that had dried I topped it off with another coat of chalk paint in Vintage Lace. I then used up scraps of Basic Grey paper to cover the back wall of each compartment, the roof and the sides. Once this was done I gave the whole thing a coat of Tim Holtz crackle glaze in Rock Candy.

When it had finally all dried (which seemed to take forever) I started on the embellishments. Nothing I used on it was especially bought for the purposes, everything came from my stash, I had great fun digging through to see what I had to use. The piece of lace has since been spritzed with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Old Lace to take away some of the whiteness. The last thing I did was to print a little 3x2 picture to stick in and hey voila! its all done.




I have to say I am really pleased with the outcome, I now just have to find somewhere to put it...

TFL, Jane x x

Popular Posts