Something a little different!

Morning all and happy Good Friday and a big yay to the long weekend (which was even longer for us as we both had a days annual leave yesterday)!! To make today even better we have woken this morning to a beautiful sunny day with clear blue skies, it is still freezing outside but it makes a wonderful change to see the sun shining and the skies clear.

Today, inspired by a little bog hopping I did last night I thought I would post about something other than my crafting. As most of you who know me will know I am a little partial to a bit of retail therapy and that is exactly what hubby and I did yesterday. As its his birthday next week we headed out to see what we could find for me to buy him, first stop was the outlet village in Ashford, Kent where we were pleasantly surprised by a few new shops, and even more exciting for me is that they are opening an Abercrombie and Fitch there in May, now I am SUPER excited for this as A&F is my most fave shop ever and is my first port of call whenever we visit the USA, will be interesting to see what the stock is like and how the prices compare. Anyway we managed to get himself something for his birthday and for the home I got us some new Yankee candles (another passion of mine). This time I chose a large house-warmer jar in Vanilla Satin and a medium house-warmer in Pink Sand, I also got a selection of wax tarts. For those of you that don't know about the tarts they are not candles, they are little scented wax discs that you melt in a tart burner which in turn fills your home with the aroma of whatever scent you have chosen. I really like these are they seem to have a slightly stronger seem than some of the candles so the scent really lingers.



I also bought a couple of Le Creuset ceramic pots. I have been wanting one of the large ones for ages now but as they are so expensive, even at outlet village prices I settled for the mini individual ones. They were available in a wonderful selection of colours but I stuck with the neutral almond white so they will always go with the kitchen. I could have spend a fortune in the shop,but I was good. I now have a huge wishlist of things for the kitchen in my head which will have to be bought little by little over the coming months.



Next stop on our list was Bluewater, where as usual the first stop was Starbucks for a much needed coffee. We had a little wander around and I got a couple more little bits for himself, cant wait for next Friday so I can give him all his goodies. We are off out for a meal next Friday to celebrate the birthday so I decided to treat myself to a new top and a pair of shoes. The top is from M&S and is a lovely navy blue/multi coloured paisley print sheer tunic that will look fab with dark jeans or linen trousers but it will also be nice as a cover up when we are on holiday in Portugal later this year. The shoes are from next and are bright pink patent heels with a small plaform sole at the front.



I hope that you all have a lovely Easter weekend and enjoy the extra few days off work. Please leave me a comment and if you have a blog of your own leave a link to it and I will pop by and leave a comment for you.

As always, thanks for stopping by, love and hugs x x

Popular Posts