Beauty Bonanza!

Evening everyone, hope you are all well tonight. It's Friday!! Yipee....

One of my other passions in life alongside crafting, shoes and bags is beauty and make up products. I am a real sucker for all sorts of lotions, potions, creams, lip glosses, palettes etc. My make up box is over flowing right now and although I don't really wear that much make up I do like to have a nice selection to choose from.

My current foundation is Hello Flawless from Benefit in the shade Champagne. Its gives a lovely even coverage without being too cakey or heavy and if I want to top it up during the day I use the Hello Flawless custom powder cover up in Beige (all the worlds my stage). I do like to have a couple of foundations on the go so I can swap colours and finishes so last weekend I took advantage of the QVC TSV and bought a set of products from Bare Minerals, a brand I have been wanting to try for ages. The kit arrived in double quick time and I started using it straight away - so far so good! The kit comprised of foundation primer, the original foundation in medium beige, concealer in summer bisque, original mineral veil, lip gloss in Moxie, a small sample sized bottle of night serum and a double ended foundation and concealer brush. Getting used to using a powder foundation will take a little getting used to but I really love the way it goes on so easily and the finish it gives.



Second purchase of the week was from Estee Lauder, which is my current skin care brand (and some make up thanks to the Christmas kit I got last year). My make up remover was running out so as John Lewis were offering a gift with purchase I bought a new bottle of Take it Away which removes all of your make up in one go, it leaves your skin feeling really clean, fresh and soft. To qualify for the gift I also treated myself to a double wear eye pencil in graphite grey. The gift set comprised of a pretty navy, pink and white make up bag, advanced repair night serum for face and eyes, daywear cream, perfectly clean foam cleanser, sumptuous lash mascara, long lasting creme lipstick in tea rose and pure colour gloss in mod poppy. I haven't had a chance to try and of these products yet but no doubt they wont disappoint.



Finally, and as I was at Westfield and it would have been rude not to pop in I bought myself a few bits in Victoria's Secret. I got a kabuki brush to use with my Benefit Hoola bronzer as well as the Bare Minerals foundation, a tin of Boost and Hold hairspray which smells divine and a little bottle of Pink Sun Kissed body spray. I love all the beauty and bath products in VS so was actually quite restrained in only buying three!!



Hope you all have something nice planned for the weekend, hubby and I are off to Wembley for the FA Cup semi final tomorrow - come on you Lions!! On Sunday I am off to Ally Pally for the Big Stamp and Scrapbooking show so hopefully I will be back with another post Sunday evening to share with you my craft purchases.

Thanks for stopping by, if you like my blog please leave me a comment and a link to your blog and I will pop by and do the same for you.

Love and hugs, Jane x x

Popular Posts