Altered picture frame

Good morning, hope you are are all enjoying this lovely Bank Holiday Sunday. Not a perfect day weather wise but the sky is blue, the sun is shining and its warm enough to have some windows open!

Thought you might like to see some images of another picture frame I have altered, this one was a belated Christmas/Birthday present for my friend Denny.

The original frame was just a standard wood effect frame that I first painted with some Paper Artsey chalk effect paint in the colour Vintage Lace. Once that was dry I covered the whole thing in a layer of Paper Artsey crackle glaze and then topped it with a layer of Paper Artsey chalk effect paint in Snowflake. When it had completely dried (which seemed to take forever!!) I finished it off with a coat of Paper Artsey satin glaze to give a soft semi matt effect. The next step was to lightly sand a couple of edges here and there to make it look a little bit vintage/distressed. To embellish the frame I added some metal corner flourishes and a couple of clusters of flowers (all of which came from Wild Orchid Crafts)and a few cream pearls. Finally to complete it I painted the flowers with a little bit of Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Vintage Lace and Marshhmallow to give them a soft shimmery sheen. I was really pleased with the finished item, think I will make a few more of these frames in some brighter colours, what do you think would look good??



Thanks for stopping by, if you like what you see on my blog please leave me a comment and a link back to your blog so I can do the same for you.

Love and hugs, Jane xx
1