July Weeks 1 & 2

Hello again, hope you have all had a lovely weekend and are enjoying this glorious weather we are having. Hasn't this been the best Summer we have had in a long time? So far July has been relatively quiet and laid back month for us which is nice as its meant we have been able to sit back and relax a little.

The weekend before last we had no plans at all and as Tom had no overtime we made the most of quality time together and the good weather by spending a lot of the weekend outside. After a bit of food shopping on the Saturday we headed outside to do a little bit of gardening, although mostly it was just getting rid of the weeds and generally tidying up our bit of outside space. To be honest I have no idea what I am doing where the plants are concerned but they seem to be thriving and are all in bloom so I must be doing something right. Saturday evening was also spent outside as a couple of our neighbors came to join us for a cheeky G&T or three - I do love it when the weather is good, there is nothing quite like sitting outside on a warm Summers eve!! On Sunday morning I woke early so I got up and left Tom sleeping and headed to my craft room where I had planned to scrap. As it was the room was a bit of a mess so I decided to have a little tidy up before I started - four hours and several bags of rubbish later and I finally emerged from my room without having done one single bit of crafting lol. I did have a very clean and organized craft room though. The rest of the day was spent outside in the sunshine, as much as I wanted to scrap I also wanted to make the most of the weather so there was no way I was sitting inside.
On Wednesday of last week I went out for dinner after work with my friends Christine and Theresa. We went to Browns up at Butlers Wharf and it was ok but it was nothing special and to be honest I actually thought it was a tad expensive for what we had. The riverside location of the restaurant is fabulous but that's about it really - not somewhere I would recommend or rush back to. Luckily the company was much better and us ladies spent a good couple of hours just chatting and catching up. I also had my very first Aperol Spritz which I rather enjoyed - I think I may just be partaking of a few more of those in the coming weeks.
Friday evening saw me do my first Scentsy party for a while. It was in my local tenants hall and I didn't actually have very high hopes for the sales on the night to be that good but in the end it was my best order to date. This is great news as it means I am again active for at least the next three months, plus hopefully my new customers will start to place regular orders which means I wont have to worry too much about my targets. As I was the 'hostess' I got to claim the commission and benefits - cue new a warmer and lots of waxes coming my way.
I didn't sleep well at all on Friday night, in fact I was wide away and up at 4am on Saturday. I tried to snooze on the sofa but I couldn't get nod off so I just (quietly) pottered about and did a few bits and bobs around the flat. Once Tom was up we took a drive down to Crafts U Love as I was desperate for some card stock to use for the holiday scrapbook I am making. I enjoyed wandering around the shop and as planned I got a nice stash of bazzil as well as some lovely new papers. Tom bought me a Project Life kit but that is going away for my birthday (only a couple of weeks to wait to get my hands on it). After shopping we went over to my Mums to celebrate her birthday - cue lots of family fun and plenty of cake!
Yesterday I was home alone as Tom went into work on overtime. I managed a far better nights sleep on Saturday and woke at a decent hour which meant I felt nice and refreshed. After doing a few household chores I headed to my craft room where I managed plenty of pages for my LA, Disney and Vegas album. I am so pleased that I have finally started it, my mojo has returned along with the enthusiasm to actually do some scrapping.
I have made a bit of a major purchase this month in the way of a new compact camera. I have sort of had my eye on the Canon G7x MkII for a while now but couldn't really justify buying it yet as I only bought a larger bridge camera about a year ago. I took the larger camera on holiday with us and while I used it daily I did find that it was quite cumbersome at times and a bit of a pain to use and keep lugging about. After doing some more research and a lot of debating I took the plunge and bought the smaller camera. Its picture quality is up there with the other one and having had a little play with it over the weekend I am so far very pleased. On the plus side it also takes fab video footage which will come in very useful on next years holiday (separate post to follow on that snippet of info). I think I will get far more use out of the compact camera as it fits neatly into my handbag and is therefore a whole lot more user friendly. Sorry Canon Powershot SX camera but you are now up for sale!

Thanks for stopping by, please feel free to leave me a comment and a link back to your blog if you have one.

Love and hugs, Jane xx


1 comment

misteejay said...

The weather has been far too nice to stay indoors (apart from the odd shower) so I've been sitting in the garden knitting. I thought I was going to have to purchase a new camera on Friday as I 'lost' mine. Luckily I back-tracked and was convinced that I had left it at the bank...they had it and I collected it yesterday morning -phew!!! That would have been too many photos lost as I had my memory cards with the camera because I was going to pop into Boots to get a few prints. Hope you have lots of fun with your new camera.
Toni xx